The MTD One Step Methadone Test Device
The MTD One Step Methadone Test Device is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the detection of Methadone in human urine.
This assay provides only a preliminary analytical test result. A more specific alternate chemical method must be used in order to obtain a confirmed analytical result. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method. Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are used.
Methadone is a narcotic pain reliever for medium to severe pain. It is also used in the treatment of heroin (opiate dependence: Vicodin, Percocet, Morphine, etc.) addiction. Oral Methadone is very different than IV Methadone. Oral Methadone is partially stored in the liver for later use. IV Methadone acts more like heroin. In most states you must go to a pain clinic or a Methadone maintenance clinic to be prescribed Methadone.
Methadone is a long acting pain reliever producing effects that last from twelve to forty-eight hours. Ideally, Methadone frees the client from the pressures of obtaining illegal heroin, from the dangers of injection, and from the emotional roller coaster that most opiates produce. Methadone, if taken for long periods and at large doses, can lead to a very long withdrawal period. The withdrawals from Methadone are more prolonged and troublesome than those provoked by heroin cessation, yet the substitution and phased removal of methadone is an acceptable method of detoxification for patients and therapists.1
The MTD One Step Methadone Test Strip yields a positive result when the Methadone in urine exceeds 300 ng/mL.
Warings and Precautions:
· For in vitro diagnostic use only.
· For healthcare professionals and professionals at point of care sites.
· Do not use after the expiration date.
· Please read all the information in this leaflet before performing the test.
· The test panel should remain in the sealed pouch until use.
· All specimens should be considered potentially hazardous and handled in the same manner as an infectious agent.
· The used test panel should be discarded according to federal, state and local regulations.
· The urine specimen must be collected in a clean and dry container. Urine collected at any time of the day may be used. Urine specimens exhibiting visible precipitates should be centrifuged, filtered, or allowed to settle to obtain a clear supernatant for testing.
· Urine specimens may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 48 hours prior to testing. For prolonged storage, specimens may be frozen and stored below -20°C. Frozen specimens should be thawed and mixed well before testing.
Allow the test and urine samples to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30℃or 59-86℉) prior to testing.
1. Remove the test cassette from the sealed pouch.
2. Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 full drops (approx. 100ml) of urine to the specimen well of the test cassette, and then begin timing. See the illustration below.
3. Wait for colored lines to appear. Interpret the test results at 3-5 minutes. Do not read results after 10 minutes.
Interpretation of Results:
Negative: *Two lines appear. One red line should be in the control region (C), and another apparent red or pink line adjacent should be in the test region (T). This negative result indicates that the drug concentration is below the detectable level.
*NOTE:The shade of red in the test line region (T) will vary, but it should be considered negative whenever there is even a faint pink line.
Positive: One red line appears in the control region (C). No line appears in the test region (T). This positive result indicates that the drug concentration is above the detectable level.
Negative:Only one color band appears on the control region,No apparent band on the test region .There is no pregnancy
Positive:Distinct color bands appears on the control and test regions,Both test line and control line indicate that you are pregnant.
Invalid:No visible bang at all.Repeat test with a new test kit.
Newlystar (Ningbo) Medtech Co.,Ltd. is one of the leading supplier for Pathological Analysis Equipments,
Diabetes Treatment Equipment and Finished Pharmaceutical from China. With a proven track record of
passed years,Newlystar-Medtech has been recognized by her customers as a high-quality and reliable
supplier notonly on products, but also on assistance for audit and improvement of GMP level, quality
management system, EHS management system and registration dossier support, etc.The essence of
Newlystar-Medtech's activites, is a commitment to her customers with professional service and high-quality
products with effective cost and innovative solutions.
All medical product work in Newlystar-Medtech like a bridge link the customers and Chinese manufacturers,
especially, their professional working is to make the formulation manufacturers who is familiar with
Chinese medical product to understand well the international requirement,to ensure the success of customers.
The advantages on professional working and strongly representative base on first-class manufacturing partners
in China, enable Newlystar-Medtech to provide her customers with a wide range and high-tech products,
best services and capabilities for their actions in tender, distributing and improvement in their national healthcare
system. Newlystar-Medtech also dedicates herself to sourcing quality medical products for Chinese market.
Packing & Payments